- The EU shall adjust its goals (NDC*) under the Paris Agreement to an 80% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, to reach net-0 by 2035 and adjust European climate legislation accordingly.
- An EU Border Carbon Adjustment shall be implemented.
- No free trade treaty shall be signed with partner countries that do not follow a 1.5° compatible pathway according to Climate Action Tracker.
- The EU shall create free educational materials’ for all member curricula about the effects of climate change.
* For more information on the meaning of NDC please check this UN site.
Why it is a climate emergency
Human-made climate change has been recognized as a serious threat to the global ecosystem, as well as human life and society, by the scientific community and by most global political institutions, including the UN.
The picture above shows one of the currently ongoing disasters live happening. Billions of tons of ice on a daily basis are currently melting in Greenland. This in retrospective might well be recognized as one of the tipping points in the climate catastrophe when people look back in anger a few decades in the future.
You can help us!
Share and spread this site to everyone you know.
Inform your parents, your friends and ask them to help reaching our goals!
You know a climate expert, a celebrity or a social media multiplier that wants to help saving our planet? Please ask them to become a supporter and mail us
You are an active member of a regional group of FFF? Inform your group if they haven't heard and help us preparing to collect the million signatures we need!
You want updates?
After signing make sure to subscribe to our newsletter. To push the European Union to be more ambitious we need to create a large community that share our objectives and goals. So please register and share our newsletters!
We will only update you about news concerning the initiative.
No spam, we promise!
Get in Touch
We are currently in the process of setting up network with all national Fridays groups. Stay tuned!Meanwhile